CoEd Middle School Track and Field
Interest Meeting Date- February 27th @ 2:50 in the Middle School Gym**If a student misses the coaches' interest meeting, they may still join the team at any time throughout the season. Follow the links and directions below to ensure proper sign-up.
Program Philosophy: The middle school track level program includes: sprints, distance events, long jump, high jump, shot put, and discus. The program exposes the athletes to the various events and training principles. The team members will be guided to find events that match their interests and potential. They will be challenged to steadily progress in their training and improve in their performances. The students should find their experience successful and fun!
- Maureen Baker
- Courtney Baker email@example.com
- Michelle Cannaday firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Miller email@example.com
- The weekly schedule and announcements will be posted under "team news" tab on this website.
- The schedule will be regularly be announced on the morning announcements in homeroom.
- Follow us on twitter for updates and the schedule: @HMSTrackXC
- Sign up for Remind text message alerts (directions below).
Remind Account Sign Up: Sign up for text message updates to be texted directly to you from the coaches by texting the number 81010 with the message @hmstrackxc or go to https://remind.com/join/hmstrackxc for updates. Sign up can also be done via email. If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
Permission and Medical Packet is due to the nurse's office before practicing with the team (please see additional details at the bottom of this note regarding required medical paperwork and online registration). Packets take approximately 24 hours to process. Newcomers are always welcome to join the team anytime during the season.
Practice Schedule: Practice will begin the week of March 19th. Season practices will include a combination of practices at the middle school (3:00-3:45) or high school (3:30-4:30). Please check back on this site for practice and meet schedules and follow us on twitter, where the schedule will be posted each week. The schedule will be posted weekly on the website as well as posted on twitter.
- Location: Weekly schedules will be posted for practice and meets.
- Attendance: Athletes will sign in/check out daily.
- Running/Clothing: Wear supportive running shoes to prevent injuries. Bring extra sweats to keep warm in the early part of the season. Bring a labeled or identifiable water bottle.
- Bikes: If riding your bike to track practice or meets at the high school, lock up bicycles.
- Valuables: Leave valuables at home.
Meet Information: The team will compete in Colonial Conference dual meets as well as additional championship meets. The season meets are listed on the "schedule" tab.
Meet Details: For home meets, students are asked to arrive at the high school track by 3:30 for the 4:00 start time. Athletes should wear their team t-shirt (more information below).
Team T-Shirts: Purchase a team t-shirt for $10, which will serve as the competition top. Sizes adult S, M, L are available. This is the same t-shirt used as a competition top for the cross country team. The t-shirt uniforms will be available for purchase at each track practice. $10 cash or check made out to "HMHS".
*Practice/Meet Cancelations: Cancelations or changes to the schedule (such as cancelation due to rain) will be announced to the students before the end of the school day and posted on the team website. They will also be tweeted out on our Twitter account: @HMSTrackXC and sent in a Remind alert (information on signing up for Remind text messages, above).
More Information About Registering for the Team:
Online registration for high school and middle school sports (all seasons) is open. The link is located on the right side of our athletics website (http://haddonfieldathletics.org). The parent or guardian will need to create a new account (if not current), add the names of the children, and select the tab titled “Forms” to access the registration form as well as all the medical forms needed for the 2017-2018 school year.
Online registration and medical clearance must be completed in advance of the actual first practice to avoid delays in participation. Middle School students DO NOT need to complete Impact Concussion Testing.
- Questions regarding Concussion testing should be addressed to our Athletic Trainer, Ms. Ricker at email@example.com.
- Questions regarding medical sports forms should be addressed to our School Nurse, Mrs. Barranger (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the middle school. Hard copies of the Medical Sports Forms should be dropped off or mailed attention to the school nurse.
Access to all the medical PDF forms can also be found here.